To extend and retain girl and adult membership, assure quality program within and beyond the troop, facilitate council fund raising, and establish and maintain community relations in assigned geographic areas.
- . Extend and retain Girl Scout membership to meet specific objectives, through the recruitment, development and motivation of administrative volunteer personnel (i.e., service unit chair, registrar, troop organizer, product sales coordinators and others as needed). Recruits, appoints, trains, supervises and evaluates the service unit chair in the selection, placement and performance appraisal of necessary volunteers. In the event that the service unit structure is not in place or there is no service unit chair, develops a delivery system of service to the membership of this community.
- . Assure membership growth and retention through the organization of troops/groups in area schools, churches and community organizations. Explores alternative ways of expanding membership in assigned geographical areas.
- . Assist service units in exploring available programs and program resources; identify program needs; consider planning and participating in wider-than-troop activities; and evaluates the quality of troop, group and individual girl program.
- . Meet regularly with service unit chairs to guide and direct planning; assess training and program needs; facilitate problem solving; and interpret and inform the service unit chair of council/national policies, programs and events. Contribute to the council's operational plans by projecting required services including annual membership objectives for assigned geographic areas using plans developed in collaboration with assigned service unit administrative volunteers.
- . Compile and analyze demographic and membership data to determine recruitment, retention and outreach strategies for the assigned geographic area.
- . Carry the responsibility for one or more service units and/or non-traditional programs in absence of administrative volunteers.
- . Interpret the need for Council fund raising programs to volunteers and area businesses. Provide support and assistance while developing a positive climate for fund raising during during annual campaigns. Serve as a liaison for local United Way agencies. Assist in developing proposals to obtain funding for special programs within assigned accountabilities to ensure membership growth.
Assist Product Sales Manager in identifying and recruiting volunteers for yearly fall product and cookie sale programs.
- . Interpret and promote the Girl Scout Program to enhance the role of Girl Scouting in the community. Foster interest in troop sponsorship by attracting adult volunteers while increasing visibility and ultimately stimulating financial support.
- . Assure Girl Scout visibility by participation in community affairs and activities throughout the council's jurisdiction.
- . Ability to model behavior consistent with the principles of inclusiveness and Girl Scout Mission, Promise, values and Law.
Bachelor's degree preferred.
- . Three to five years experience in related field.
- . Experience in recruiting, appointing, supervising, motivating and recognizing the work of volunteers.
- . Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
Knowledge and sensitivity to cultural and ethnic diversity issues.
- . Familiarity with goal setting and result-oriented accountability systems.
- . Ability to spend 70% of the workweek in the field and 30% in the office.
Willingness to work a flexible schedule that may include weekends and evenings.
Reliable transportation required.
- . Must be able to sit at a workstation and view a computer screen for up to two hours at a time.
Walking, standing, bending, stooping, reaching and moderate lifting (30 pounds or more).
Occasional exposure to seasonal weather conditions.
Please send cover letter and resume to: Robin Guillmette or mail to: Girl Scouts Louisiana East, Attn: Robin Guillmette, Regional Service Center, 545 Colonial Drive, Baton Rouge, LA 70806